Last Modified: 1st December 2018
This policy is intended to provide information on the data Write Wise collects and explain why it is collected. By using Write Wise, you agree to the collection and use of data as described below.
What data does Write Wise collect?
We only collect and store data that you explicitly send to us. This includes:
- Stories (covers, bios, chapters and other story content).
- Comments on bulletins, challenges, story profiles and user profiles.
- Usernames, email addresses and passwords associate with user accounts.
We take steps to respect your privacy:
- We do not collect IP addresses or location data.
- Passwords are hashed.
- All data collection pages are secured with HTTPS.
How we use your data
By posting content to Write Wise (bulletins, stories, comments etc.) you agree to allow Write Wise to publish the content on its website. We will only use your email address to contact you if we have important site news to share with you (note: 'important' meaning security-related, existential emails and not marketing emails!)
Our site does not have third-party cookies.
Our legal basis for processing your data
You have given us permission (by using our service and submitting your data, knowing it would be publicly published) to store and use your data as described above.
If you have any concerns or would like to exercise your right to erasure (or any other right associated with GDPR), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.